|Class ||Distance ||Portages ||Location |
|Div 1,2,3 – K1, K2 ||20km ||2 Portages ||River |
|Div 4,5,6 – K1, K2 ||12km ||2 Portages ||River |
|Div 7,8,9 – K1, K2 ||6km ||No Portages ||River |
|Lightning U10, U12 ||3.5km ||No Portages ||Large Broad |
In the event of a non-quorate class, paddlers will be transferred to the most appropriate class. Paddlers, especially those in less popular classes are advised to check that their class is quorate in case it has been transferred to another time.
If a race is cancelled, pre-paid entrants will be entitled to a refund.
|Day ||Time ||Activity |
|Saturday ||18.00hrs – 21.00hrs ||Check in opens for Team Leaders only at Norwich Canoe Club |
|Sunday ||07:30-08:30hrs ||Check -in open for Team Leaders only at Norwich Canoe Club |
| ||08:45hrs ||Briefing for Div 1,2,3 and Div 7,8,9 races |
| ||09:30-10:00hrs ||Race Starts for Div 1,2,3 and Div 7,8,9 races |
| ||12:00hrs ||Briefing for Div 4,5,6 races |
| ||12:30hrs ? 12:40hrs ||Race Starts for Div 4,5,6 races |
| ||14:00hrs ||Lightnings Race at Great Broad |
| ||15:00hrs ||Presentations and Medals |
| ||16:00hrs ||Close |
- Team Leaders only may book in; at Whitlingham boat house RACE CONTROL (1st floor at top of stairs).
- Check-in from 18:00 to 21:00 on Saturday 29th September and; from 07:30 to 08:30 on Sunday 30th.
- Please try to book in as early as possible as the first race briefing will take place at 08:45 on Sunday.
- Check-in for a race will close when the briefing for the same race takes place.
- In order to check in Team Leaders must have provided the following:
- Personal contact details and acceptance of the race rules and conditions have been confirmed via the online form
- Full payment received for all paddlers from their club.
- When all required items have been provided Team-Leaders will be supplied with a pack of number boards for their crews, which they are then responsible for allocating correctly to their paddlers and for ensuring that numbers are safely afterwards.
Note: A charge may be applied for any missing number boards not returned after the races
Club Deadline for Entries
- Entries should be via the HRM system. A copy of the HRM application can be found at http://canoeracing.org.uk/marathon/index.php/race-organisers-checklist-2018/.??? Where it is not possible to use HRM entries can be submitted on the paper form at the end of this document.
- Entries must be submitted through individual clubs to the Regional Marathon Advisors by Friday 14th September with proof of BC membership (where required).
- All paddlers must hold current comprehensive current BCU/CSA/WCA/CANI membership or youth membership of an affiliated club. Proof of this membership must also be submitted to the RMA along with the entries, where the rankings list does not indicate a current valid membership on the day of the race. RMAs are responsible for checking expired memberships and updating these as required with correct details.
Club Team Leader Registration
Team Leaders must complete an online registration process at https://norwichcanoeclub.co.uk/hasler-club-race-secretary-registration/? ?in order to provide current contact details and to confirm their acceptance of the race and event terms.
Regional Marathon Advisers
- Regional Marathon Advisers are responsible for checking the entries supplied by clubs and ensuring the correctness of the three completed races for each paddler as per Rule 36 of the marathon rules.
- We also kindly request that Regional Advisers check that proof of BCU membership has been submitted where required, and that the BCU Number and Expiry fields in the entries are updated with the new details supplied by the Club Team Leader.
- Regional Marathon Advisers (RMA) must submit entries to Norwich Canoe Club by 21st September 2018 (10 days before the race).
- All Entries and enquiries to email@example.com.
- For Hasler Divisional races, no late entries are possible but modifications after the deadlines above are permitted for scratches and swaps between singles and doubles of previously-entered crew members, e.g. in the event of illness or unavailability of one member of a K2 crew.
- Lightning changes and additional entries are possible up to two hours before the races according to the following conditions.
- Changes must be requested by Team Leaders only via direct email to or at the Team Leaders? check-in, but please note:
- The deadline for all modifications is the Friday before the event for email, or two hours before the races if made at Team Leaders? check-in on the day before or the day of the race. Payment for late entries in the Lightning class is required at the latest 2 hours before the races.
Payment must be made by Team Leaders direct to Norwich Canoe Club to be received by 21st September 2018. Any entries not paid for by this date will incur an additional ?1 charge per paddler, even if the entries themselves have been received. This is not applicable to Lightning entries.
Payment can be sent by bank transfer to the account below.?? Please use the reference ?HF-? and your club code, e.g. for Norwich Canoe Club ?HF-NCC?.?? This will allow reconciliation of payment against entry.
Cheques should be made payable to ?Norwich Canoe Club?.
- Betty?s Bar at the clubhouse will be serving hot food and refreshments all day on Sunday from 8.00am with a selection of hot/cold drinks, full English, cakes and snacks.
- The cafe will be open on Saturday evening for refreshments and light snacks. There is also a large BBQ for anyone to use (not portable).
- Competitors refreshments will be issued to Team Leaders at check-in, along with race number boards. These should be collected from the Gym on the first floor of Whitlingham Boathouse.
SHOWER AND TOILET FACILITIES
Event-quality portable toilets will be available on site.? Showers, further toilets including disabled facilities and water will be available within Canoe Club in Whitlingham Boathouse.
Portable toilets will be available on-site, other toilets, showers, washing facilities and water will be available at the Canoe Club, WBH.
The first-aid point will be at ?Betty?s Bar? upstairs in Whitlingham Boathouse.