If you have any of the following experience you can join the club straight away:
- You are Division 6 or above in the UK and have paddled in the last couple of months
- You are already paddling racing kayaks at Norwich Canoe Club regularly with a schools group
- You are from another country and have experience at a high level
If you have done the following you will be asked to do a one-to-one introductory and we can assess the best path for you.
- You have a lot of experience in other areas of paddlesport e.g. WW, Surf or Sea Kayak but not paddled a racing kayak
- You have paddled racing kayaks or racing canoe before and are not in those categories come for a one to one introductory and we can assess the best path for you.
You should do one of our 8-week introductory sessions that run regularly throughout the year. Or if you are under 18 attend one of the series of junior introductory sessions than run every day for a week in the holidays if:
- You have never paddled before
- You have kayaked before such as on holiday, but not paddled a racing kayak
There are skills needed to paddle a racing kayak (such as using your feet to steer) that are different to other sorts of kayaks so its good to have the time to learn with a small group.
Impairment or Special-Needs
If you regard yourself as having impairment or special needs please let us know. We have specialist adapted boats and instructors. We may fit you into one of the 8-week introductory sessions or it maybe that we will do our best to offer alternative options to learn to paddle that specifically fit your needs and wants. You should contact us via our Paddle-ability Contact Form on our Paddle-ability page.